It’s not officially summer until you break out the maxi. Lightweight and easy to wear, this no-brainer
linen dress is printed with chevrons to accentuate the column-like silhouette. Add a pair of comfortable sandals and simple accessories, and you’ll be ready for a weekend at the beach.
· Chevron Maxidress, A4994, $148
· Birkenstock for J.Crew Arizona Sandals, A4281, $130
· Han Kjobenhavn Timeless Sunglasses, 35526, $145
· Timex for J.Crew Vintage Field Army Watch, 27460, $98
· Stripe Watch Strap, 13837, $20
Prints, solids, 5 inch or 7, there is a perfect pair for every day of summer vacation.
(left to right)
· Cotton Pique Shorts in Gemstone Print, A6430, $69.50
· Scallop Pocket Shorts in Polka Dot, A6405, $65
· Watercolor Ikat Shorts, A5023, $69.50
· 5” Chino Short, 68925, $45
· 7” Chino Short, 35756, $48
· Piped Andie Short, A7371, $65
We designed this Sheer-sleeve Crepe Sweater with a high-twist cotton and sheer sleeves, so it’s sporty yet refined. The Linen Drawstring pant will be your go-to all summer long. Lightweight and fuss-free, it looks just as good dressed up with high-heel sandals as it does with flip-flops at the beach.
· Sheer Sleeve Crepe Sweater, A6145, $65
· Linen Drapey Drawstring Pant, A7090, $69.50
The tassel necklace here is supposedly a stunner and $150/-; seersucker pencil skirt, which I quite like. This picture makes me want to be on holiday.
This is a necklace to get noticed in - colorful stones, shiny crystals and fluttery tassels make the Tassel Trim Necklace a total showstopper. The stripe-on-stripe print of this pencil skirt and tank provide the perfect contrast for the statement piece.
· Seersucker Pencil Skirt, A5845, $98
· Tassel Trim Statement Necklace, A9254, $150
· Linen Tank in Stripe, A7363, $35
2013 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Award winners Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne are the creative designers behind Public School, a unique and precisely detailed menswear line they founded in 2008. The New York City natives draw energy and inspiration from their hometown and public school roots, finding a balance between tailored and cool. This vintage-inspired mesh tank has an old-school vibe and is finished with a shirttail hem, so it’s perfect for layering. We paired it with the tapered Public School Belmac Pant for a laid-back vibe we love.
· Public School for J.Crew Peekaboo Tank, B0892, $49.50
· Perfect Fit Tank, 92098, $22.50
· Public School for J.Crew Belmac Pant, B0867, $168
· Men’s Baseball Cap in Printed Chambray, A7258, $39.50
· Vans for J.Crew Classic Slip-on Shoes, A4087, $60
A runner-up for the 2013 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund award, Juan Carlos Obando debuted his first collection in 2008—beautiful yet uniquely easy gowns and separates. He brought his signature use of bold colors and fluid silhouettes and modern approach to evening wear to his exclusive J.Crew collection. Case in point: the slouchy-but-structured Gemma Sweatshirt with a luxe bohemian vibe (we’re obsessed).
· Juan Carlos Obando for J.Crew Gemma Sweatshirt, B0885, $128
· Collection Eaton Boy Short in Bi-Stretch Wool, A6403, $128
CFDA winner's jewellery.
Born in the south of France, fine jeweler Marc Alary spent his childhood flipping through stacks of National Geographic magazines and dreaming about safaris. Today, the runner-up for the 2013 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Award creates whimsical designs that often feature animals—a signature look he carries through this capsule collection of playful, wearable pieces, like these sweet bird bracelets encrusted with shiny faceted Swarovski crystals.
· Men’s Secret Wash Shirt in End-on-End Cotton, 31187, $64.50
· Marc Alary for J.Crew Kissing Birds Bracelet, B2349, $58
· Marc Alary for J.Crew Songbirds Bracelet, B2320, $78
And there you have it!
I definitely have a couple of favourites here. You?
Thanks. Any idea on prices. I really like the maxi and slouchy sweatshirtReplyDelete
Love the sweatshirt with sheer sleeves in white. Wasn't so impressed with the other colors, but when I saw the picture on your blog it went on my wishlist immediately. Haven't seen any reviews of it that I recall, so waiting to see if I should sie down as I sometimes do when 'relaxed fit' is mentioned. Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
Hi ladies! Thanks for your comments! I've updated the post with blurbs, item numbers and pricing for some of the pictures. More to come.ReplyDelete
Saw the maxi in store yesterday in both colorways and lived both of them, although I'll probably go with the blue one!ReplyDelete
Hi! Thanks for your visit and comment! Yes, I really love the blue maxi too. The chevron one is quite appealing, but another blogger posted a picture where it looks as if the fabric has each chevron composed of two thin stripes rather than a single thick one. So I'm withholding judgement until I see it in store.Delete