Friday, July 22, 2016

#Nsale: Tory Burch Ashlynn Riding Boot vs Aquatalia Olita Riding Boot

Size:6US
Colour: almond in TB ; espresso in Aquatalia
Fit: TTS
Value for money : both pairs of boots are made in Italy with high quality finishes. Excellent for the price 

Fit on calf: I have the skinniest south Asian legs you can imagine. My calf circumference is 12.5" to 13". Needless to say, the holy grail of boot shopping for me is to find knee highs that do not look like waders or gumboots.

Shaft height: TB boot has a high outer leg and low inner leg shaft. This helps with an illusion of good fit on the legs. The shaft height is long, though. I am 5, 2.5" and the boot was encroaching on my knee cap. By contrast, the Aquatalia boot stopped right at the outer edge of my knee cap and, moreover, the leather is soft, so it won't bite into my knee when I'm walking.


Both boots are snug on the feet, even with regular cotton socks.

Design: I love a good espresso colour, so Aquatalia is leading on that front. Also, the toe box/top of the foot is a touch more sophisticated and elongated in the Aquatalia. 


Both boots are lined inside in soft padding and fabric:

Aquatalia

Tory Burch

I like the whipped leather stitching around the TB logo

I like the etched leather heel panel and the elastic panel on the Aquatalia boot is very neatly done. I also love the buckle on the ankle.


And here's the real check on the fit: the side view. The Aquatalia boot hits it out of the park for me and my chicken legs. 

Look at that! 

...aaand look at that....

Here's the only con: the leather on the Aquatalia boot is softer than the TB. And it is creasing right at the top of the shaft.
 
The TB boot also will have its fair share of creasing, once worn:
Mid shaft creasing.

For me the Aquatalia Olita boots are the best thing ever. The TB boots are so well made and attractive, but, ultimately, made for a bigger body type than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment