Sunday, December 20, 2015

Madewell reviews: corduroy flared jeans, herringbone mock neck top



Review 1. MADEWELL HERRINGBONE SWEATER TOP, XS, $98/- before promos. Fits TTS. The cut is boxy. Funnel neck. The topside of this top is a lovely brushed furry felt. The underside is soft sweatshirt-y cotton. Not terribly warm. This is more about the silhouette than anything. 

Close ups:
That's not a blurry picture, it's fuzzy top in hi-res!

Seams:

And cut of the top:


So you know all these oversized baggy coats everyone's offering these days? You can accommodate your boxy, deep arm cut tops under them. So it all works out. You just need to be super efficient getting dressed. 

REVIEW 2: CORD FLARES

I love the quality of the thin wale cords. Silky, nice, with a bit of stretch. The jeans are high waisted. They do bag out at the knees and legs a touch , but I think that's ok, given I've been lounging in them a bit.  Very comfy high waist, fits true to your regular jeans size. Don't size up. I love the fawn color. Especially with the bagging, it will stand up to wear better than the wine. FYI, Shopbop is also offering these in blue! 



*************

Today, I wore the flares with an older JCrew top, layered with a Vince turtleneck. Just to shop my closet.



Compared to the herringbone top from Madewell's current offering, which do you vote for: fiscal responsibility or extravagant variety?

Thanks for reading! Subscribe to my IG feed for more frequent updates, and to my blog for detailed reviews!

😘😘

No comments:

Post a Comment