Friday, August 29, 2014

J.Crew Collection Bonded Geo Dot Top

If you don't know me by now.....
You will never ever ever know me, ooh ooh ooh ooh...

I love boxy tops. Boxy and cropped reads swingy pixie on my body and I fall all over it every time. Just my luck then that these tops that I spied and loved in the Lookbook stuck around for me and went on sale eventually and then found their way home. 

Pros: amazingly crafted, beautiful quality designer pieces. No question these make a statement. Lightweight to wear. Can be worn back to front, even as an open cardigan. Very amenable to layering. Good quality zippers and beautifully finished on the inside as well as outside of the garment. They matched the black zipper to the black top. Love it.

Cons: can feel a bit stiff when being put on. Boxy.

Sizing: I didn't pounce on these when they first hit sale because I assumed that my standard size XS had sold out.after a couple of weeks of ignoring them, I made enquiries and found out that they only came in sizes S, M and L! The measurements sounded doable, so I hit the pay now button. The Small is what I'm wearing and it's actually quite a fitted top, notwithstanding the boxy shape. So, I'd suggest either sizing up, or getting garment measurements from CS and choosing the size closest to your own measurements in bust and hips/waist.
The top is a bit on the cropped side.

Verdict: J'adore. I'm planning on layering turtlenecks under the black and wearing it in fall.



The white version is really ivory. I'm wearing a true white cami underneath, for reference.

Merino bonded interior. Impeccably finished. Gold zipper.

Black on black zipper

Merino bonded interior.



Big holes in the body, small holes in the sleeve. Drop shoulders.


Worn back to front.




2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, maqsad! Congrats on getting such a fantastic deal on them. I think a turtleneck under the black one for fall sounds perfect. I'd try that combination with a pencil skirt and knee boots, too. How incredibly chic, especially with your new-ish haircut! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you *so much* Melissa! I love the styling suggestion! So wonderful to have your comment here and I'm sorry it took me so long to reply! Thanks for reading and appreciating. Hope you have a great Labor Day weekend.

      Delete