Sunday, October 19, 2014

Point Sur high rise jeans by/for JCrew

Pros: terrific fabric, great stretch, good heft, soft. Good whiskering and fading in the epic wash. I tried the high rise lookout skinny jeans too, but the washes and fabric in the point sur are far superior.   Also a big bonus for me is that the jeans are skinny even on my skinny legs.

Cons: the jeans do have a longer inseam, so turning up is a must unless you want alterations.

Sizing: it might depend on the wash. These are high rise, so you can take your true size. I sized down to a 24 on the epic wash. The others are size 25.





 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, maqsad! I've been wondering about the Point Sur jeans at J.Crew for awhile now, but haven't given any of them a try. I have a difficult time finding jeans that look and feel right on my figure, so it's always a bit of a pain having to order online and return, which is what I actually had to do last week. I'm trying to find a new pair of skinny jeans to wear with my knee boots this fall and winter, so I am trying the toothpick parker jeans at Jcrew and the skinny jeans in tempest wash at Madewell. Really hoping one of them works out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa! The toothpicks are indeed quite variable in fit on both the leg and the waist. What I lie about high rise jeans is minimal slippage. The point sur in particular fit well over the leg as well. I hope you find a good pair. Too bad you can't try them on in store. If you do try on the lookout high rise in store, know that the cut of the leg in those is tighter on the thighs and the fabric has less stretch. They're otherwise good jeans too; slightly different washes from the point sur. The underground wash is on sale with 50% off- maybe you can get CS to put a note in allowing returns so you can try it out?

    ReplyDelete