Monday, April 21, 2014

Collection Rylan Blazer in Harris Tweed & Natasha Pump in Fresh Creme

A double billing (again)!

Blazer:
This is showing up in the current sale in limited sizes. Initially, the ridiculous price of this blazer caused me to ignore it altogether. Plus, the wierd colours were ... Wierd. Then, it showed up, on sale, in a size 00 - weeks after the initial launch and immediate selling out (how does that really work?). So I decided to try it on.

Pros: excellent quality fabrics, with a little touch of Bodenesque emotion; good construction; non-standard colours.

Cons: boxy fit, which is the design offered by the Rylan cut of blazer. 

Sizing: I sized down one, due to the oversize fit. 

Verdict: quality worth keeping. Not sure whether I am.

Natasha pumps: 
Pros: lovely colour, beautiful leather; good construction. Amazing price in sale. 
Cons: potentially loose ankle strap, depending on your ankles.

Sizing: TTS

Verdict: pretty amazing ... They are a creamy white, though. ;)



Whimsy: "made with love" - it actually got me, too!















4 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the blazer on you! Did you keep it? I saw it when it first came out in the fall, but also wondered about the colors and was completely turned off by the price... then I saw it on someone and regretted not getting it! I found it on sale in my size, and I got it immediately, and I am waiting for it to arrive! I think it will be a great addition for fall, timeless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosa! Thank you so much for your comment. Yup, I kept it. That's my downfall: beautiful, unique pieces from JCrew!

      Delete
  2. I just got my blazer and I absolutely love it! JCrew unique pieces are my downfall too, and this one surpassed my expectations! Love the color and the fit is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for such a later reply, Rosa! don't know how I missed your comment. So glad to hear that you got a good piece and love it! :) yay! Can't wait for fall, right?

      Delete