Saturday, March 15, 2014

Collection Rylan Blazer In Haven Blue Jaquard, 00

Pros: well cut; well tailored; great material; two inner pockets

Cons: single button opening, which makes me look tubby if buttoned (due to having a bust, I think). Straight fit to go with the oversized manly blazer look. Fabric will spoil if it sticks to things in a velcro-effect. The embroidery on the jaquard has raised threads.

Sizing: I took a size 00, because the website said "oversized fit". Normally I take 0 in overcoats and shirts. You may be able to size down, especially if petite.

Verdict: loved it, because of the look and the print is oddly flattering. Wearable, too. Keep.





Please excuse the awful pattern mix in the last photo and focus on what the blazer cut does for me: makes me look taller and somehow less frail (if I usually look frail/thin/small). Love that about boyfriend style blazers. While the Rylan blazer is cut totally differently, it has the same elongating effect as the hacking jacket did for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment