Thursday, March 13, 2014

Natasha Pump, Bright Kiwi, 6

Pros: great quality construction and leather (see picture of back zipper); excellent colour (true to name and stock images); sexy toe box; ankle strap works for petites too, doesn't cut the leg stupidly, owing to the narrow profile of the shoe overall. All that is promised in stock and catalogue pictures is true. Collection piece.

Cons:  very sexy, sassy shoe (though less than the caged pumps). Hard to wear in normal life unless you're young, carefree and fashionable.

Sizing: TTS, although there's the usual feeling of a gap at the back of the shoe that one gets with ankle strap pumps. The ankle strap itself is on the wide side if you have skinny ankles like me, but not so roomy that your ankle is knocking around in there.

Verdict: too sexy and unwearable for me: one for the shoe museum. Return.












8 comments:

  1. I really love the color. I usually don't like this color J Crew offers every year, but they created a different tone with it. I think it has less green in it. Less of an electric tennis ball effect. Too bad about the ankle strap. That'll be a hit-or-miss for ladies. I like these in the antique floral print, but I'd never wear them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, agree on all counts. I was surprised to see how nice the colour is. And the leather too!

      Delete
  2. I just read through your posts. Really helpful reviews, especially since I'm petite, too. I'm looking forward to more.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And welcome here!! Sorry - blogger won't let me delete etc if I make a mistake without freezing me out. Hence the two part reply. Glad to have you here!

      Delete
  3. These shoes look amazing on you and I like them much more than the electric blue caged pumps you tried on in the previous post. But I agree completely that it's sexy and sassy and loud--not something I could ever wear on a regular basis and I think we have similar tastes. But gosh they are pretty and you look fantastic in them, esp with this outfit!

    Oh goodness, now I've waitlisted these in a different colors. Fingers crossed the 6 doesn't sell out if it ever hits a sale...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dmitri! I have a pair of the blue ones on my way to me too...if it turns out that I return them, I'll drop you a line first and tell you which store and you can pick them up/call them?

      Delete
    2. oh that's so sweet of you, thank you! :)

      Delete