Saturday, July 19, 2014

JCrew: printed Valentina pumps and Ava pump in tie-dyed leather

Sizing: I can handle going up a half size in Valentinas, if my standard 6 runs out of stock. I do line the heels with a Dr Scholl's heel liner to prevent slippage. Use that information as you will! I'm on my feet a lot in my work day and by the end of it, my feet have swollen enough that a 6.5 fits like a glove.

The Ava pumps run TTS: I took my usual 6.

Pros:
The Valentinas are just such a nice closet staple and decent heel height.

The Ava pumps are so fantastic and unique! Tie-dyed leather?! Who would've thought?  The heel is a block heel, covered in fabric. I bought these on impulse, but they are really quite amazing on.


Valentinas:




Fabric uppers on the Valentinas.


Ava pumps:



The block heel provides excellent support



Ava pumps: close-up of the tie-dye leather upper and fabric heel




1 comment:

  1. They are both great shoes. I really love the tie-dye, but know from experience that the heel will be too high. Would you be able to wear them all day, are they that comfortable? I woukd find it very hard to choose between the Valentinas and the Avas, sp my advice is:keep both;-))

    ReplyDelete