Saturday, July 12, 2014

Tory Burch Summer Sale, Deux

1. Gina Tunic in awning stripe, 0

This tunic is fantabulous. The material is a knit, with stretch and incredible drape. It is a thicker knit, so it's not for a muggy or extremely hot day. But this is why one buys a Tory tunic: this piece!

Fits TTS.


Inside collar detail

Close up of the fabric

A deep neck opening but still discrete

Perfect sleeve length




Absolute winner.

2. Tory Burch Reva flats in stripe, embossed snakeskin. Officially named Serena Flat 2, in striped snake.

TTS: I am wearing my usual US size 6. TB has relaxed the elastic at the back of the Revas a touch, I think, compared to the first few years. It's super comfortable on and there is zero slippage.

The shoes are perfect; standard Revas; cute.

I have many Reva pairs, though, and this one has not made me beholden by its beauty, so I think I'll be returning them.



3. Frances pant: printed silk pants, runway collection. Daisy, ivory, pink.

The best thing about these pants is the quality of the silk. I own all of Jcrew's silk shantung pants and other silk pants, but this was the easiest, softest, simplest, lightest printed silk trouser I have ever tried on. Even though it's lined in poly (why do they all do that), it was not hot. 

The pants hit me right at the ankle; they are meant to be cropped. I love the extra wide and long belt loops - a 60s touch. They open in front with a zipper and a tiny hook closure, like you have at the top of a neck opening usually. I found that very unusual. 

I didn't like them on me. They made me look a little squat. 

The leg has a slight bootcut shape.






4. I also  got the Lissa pants, which fit beautifully at the waist, are unlined and thin, all weather, drapey wool, with a ribbon of a tuxedo stripe down the side. They are a 35" inseam & impossible to photograph on me, but I think I'll be keeping (& tailoring) them.


That's all folks!
Did you shop the TB summer sale? Did you get any of the pre-fall items? Thoughts on the dots?




No comments:

Post a Comment