Monday, July 14, 2014

Madewell Lucienne Heel, brown, 6

Pros: well-made shoe, suede, hidden platform to help with the four inch heel

Cons: unfinished edges (the suede is simply a cutout glued to the sole and threaded through with laces, with no lining or finishing of the edges); double lace-holes for each strap- which makes loosening and tightening the thin leather laces very cumbersome. 

Sizing: TTS

Verdict: on my foot these shoes are appealing and well-fitting. I'm surprised to see that there is no lining of the upper. The laces are a but if a pain, but once you've adjusted the fit on your foot for the first time, you need only loosen up to the third strap to take on and off.

I like the caged style, but it feels like a guilty pleasure, straddling as it does the margin between sexy and cheap for me. Like a lace up leather corset: would you wear one, even in private?

I am tempted, but I don't think I will wear it enough - and when I do wear it, I might feel too fake. Return.



The side view on caged sandals is always what makes me waver: love it!

See how the edges look frayed and pilly on the left shoe?

The double hole for each strap.

Hidden platform


Leather soles.

I think it's still a nice deal for the promo price plus 40% off.  But I recently saw flat and heeled caged sandals on sale in plenty of shoe stores at the mall. Not sure why you should pick this one in particular.






1 comment: