Friday, April 25, 2014

J Crew Chambray "embroidered" tunic, 0

Pros: flattering design: I don't think a tunic with band collar (correction: no collar on this one) and some sort of pattern around the "button placket" (imaginary or real) can ever go wrong. Another pro is the shade of blue: perfect for pairing with white jeans, or khaki shorts. Fabric is thick enough to wear in a North American (ok, Midwestern) "spring". Especially if you intend to layer  under it.

Cons: mislabeled as embroidered: this is not embroidery, it is looped ribbon work, a name I made up, but those familiar with embellishments will at least know what I'm talking about. Worse, the ribbon is nylon while the fabric is a chambray veering on denim. So, while I love that the chambray will wash and age well, I'd be willing to bet that the ribbon will start to look the worse for washing and wear. And whatever you do, don't iron on top of the ribbon. Deep v-neck.

Sizing:TTS

Verdict: I like it, but it's not a concept I can't get in different colours and embellishments elsewhere. This is not an original idea, shape or design. I see no need to pay anything north of $35.00 for this. Return; extreme sale watch.



Please excuse the PJs. It's my day off! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment