Sunday, April 6, 2014

Pop back: Cafe Capri in Harris Tweed, 00, navy loden

Pros: very well cut; piped around waistband and pocket; fully lined; excellent material of course. The wool will be hard wearing, so it doesn't feel unsuitable for pants.

Cons: none that I can see! No Harris Tweed tag on the inside.

Sizing: TTS

 Verdict: the preciousness and bulkiness of the Harris tweed woollen cloth made the designers cut the pants as trimly as I wish all the cafe capris were. If I had my way the leg width would be a standardized thing. I will present the cafe Capri in misty fog floral silk to point out the difference below. I got these at a great price, finally, and the cut sealed the deal. Since the amazing houndstooth tweed woollen full length trousers are too big for me ( and currently for sale!) that I got last winter, I'm keeping these.



Front view: how cafe capris should look: pin straight front pleat, closely adhering leg opening, slim at the thighs and along the leg.


Side view: see the narrow leg opening and width along the leg throughout. Not too tight, not tragically wide. And correctly tapered towards the ankle.





No tapering in the misty fog floral cafe capri:












No comments:

Post a Comment